- You can stay within the comfort of your own home.
- There are no travel costs or time wasted standing in traffic queues.
- You can be surrounded by things that you like and feel relaxed in.
- There is no need to worry about directions of how to get to see your counsellor.
- You get just as much eye contact as you would being in the same room as the counsellor.
- You can sit as comfortably as you want.
- If you have animal companions they can share the experience with you.
- You can enjoy a cup of tea as you sit by your computer.
- You can choose a counsellor that you feel you can connect with rather than one who just happens to be close to where you live.
- There is more flexibility in terms of the times that you book a counselling session for.
In today’s society we have electronic communication possibilities that potentially are really exciting. It is now possible to link up with a counsellor via Skype and to have counselling over Skype. This can be advantageous because you do not have to travel to see a counsellor and you can sit from the comfort of your own home to have a session. Skype enables you to see the counsellor and to interact with your counsellor and you can feel really supported and that you have found a safe space in which to explore things in your life. I enjoy working with Skype and have found that this does not interfere with any conversations that I may have. I would recommend Skype for counselling and I am happy to provide this service.